BEEF STEAK SALAD WITH CHERMOULA SAUCE
- 500g Skirt Steak
- Stir! it up Chermoula Sauce 50g packet
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 medium carrots, shaved into long thin ribbons
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- 6 cups baby rocket
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet mixed herb leaves, such as parsley, coriander, and mint, divided
- 25g Dried Chermoula Sauce reconstituted with 125ml (half a cup) of hot water as per instructions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
Season steak with salt and pepper. Reconstitute half of the 50g packet sauce with 125ml (half a cup) of hot water as per instructions. Place steak in a large resealable bag or bowl. Pour chermoula over, toss to coat, then let rest at room temperature at least 1 hour.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat or heat grill pan over medium-high; lightly oil grate or pan. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 125°F, 2–3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Toss carrots, cucumbers, rocket, salt, pepper, half the herbs, and half the chermoula sauce (1/4 cup) in a large bowl.
Divide salad among 4 plates.
Top with steak and remaining 1/2 cup herbs.
Drizzle salads with remaining 1/4 cup chermoula sauce. Top with feta and pomegranate seeds.
Chef’s Tip: Do Ahead
Steak can be marinated 10 hours ahead; chill in bag. Let steak come to room temperature at least 1 hour before cooking.