Oven-baked fish with Chermoula and Preserved Lemon
- 600 g Hake or any flaky white fish fillets
- 100 g Stir! it up Chermoula Sauce
- 400/500 ml Tin Coconut Milk or hot water
- tbsp Oil
- 2 medium-sized carrots (200gr), peeled and grated
- 1 Large potato (400 gr), peeled, grated and drained to remove excess moisture
- 2 Green peppers and 1 red pepper
Large preserved lemon
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 200 C
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Reconstitute Chermoula sauce with coconut milk in a large saucepan as per instructions.
Cover the fish fillets with 1/2 of chermoula and place in the fridge to marinate.
Add the carrots and potatoes to the remaining chermoula in the saucepan. Stir and cover with a lid. Leave to cook for 25 to 30 min, until the potatoes and the carrots are soft and cooked. Stir occasionally.
Meanwhile, remove the flesh from the preserved lemon, and finely chop it.
Put the potatoes and carrot mixture into an oven dish.
Place the marinated fish fillet and marinade on top of the potato and carrot mixture. Top the fish with chopped green and red peppers and preserved lemon.
Cover the oven dish with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 17 min depending on the thickness of your fish fillets.
Serve warm with bread or brown rice.